Job Title: Sales Engineer Trainee
Reports To: Region Service Sales Manager
Group/Division: China Service Department
Position Location: Beijing
This position is accountable for developing and implementing strategic area sales plans and forecasts to achieve business objectives for services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Achieves the planned growth for revenue and bookings in the assigned accounts/territory while maintaining or exceeding margin goals.
· Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
· Builds, analyzes and understands business trends to look for opportunities to improve current sales within assigned regions.
· Evaluates market trends and gathers competitive information, identifies trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
· Qualifies potential enterprise service business opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way ensuring Thermo Fisher is invited to all associated RFP’s.
· Collaborates with key account customers to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, forms relationships with decision-makers and identifies, develops and closes enterprise services business opportunities.
· Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively and to develop competitive differentiation.
· Collaborates with other groups within Thermo Fisher to implement strategies, identify and address cross-selling and synergistic business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
· Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
· Bachelor’s degree or above in Business, Chemistry, Engineering or relevant field.
· Can manage multi-projects efficiently; plan and perform work in accordance with client requirements and professional standards.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Open minded, agile with change and practical.
· Excellent written and verbal English.
Job Title: Service Biz Analyst, Trainee
Reports To: (Title) Service Quality & Biz Analysis Manager
Group/Division: China Service
Position Location: (City) Shanghai
Take responsible for the business analysis of China Service. The key responsibility includes Service performance KPI calculation, automatic report generating, service data analysis and business analysis model establishment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Calculate Service performance KPI based on the raw data from various business systems, responsible for KPI trend mornitoring and gap analysis.
2) Analyze business data to discover the root cause of bad KPI performance in daily operation and initiate the Kaizen project if necessary.
3) Leverage Power BI to build Svc Dashboard and keep Service management staying in know on the trend change of service performance in realtime.
4) Generate data mart based on local Call Center database and ahchieve the automation of on-demand data report generating via data subscription platform.
5) Establish business analysis model as per Service management team’s requirement.
1) Bachelor degree or above.
1) Excellent skills with MS Excel, SQL and BI tools.
2) Good written communication skills in English.
3) Team player and good personal skills.
4) Self-motivated and proactive working attitude.
5) Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Job Title: Service Engineer Trainee - Field Service
Organization: Thermo Fisher Scientific (China) Co., Ltd
Reports To: Service Manager
Position Summary: Provide customer support services such as installation, preventative maintenance, customer training, repair, on-line support or technical consultation as required to ensure customer purchased Thermo products meet Thermo performance and operation standards and customer expectation thus achieve or improve customer loyalty to Thermo Scientific.
1. Work independently to service CMD products involving: Installations, Training, Method and Application Development, Telephone and On-site Diagnostics and Repair Services, Preventative Maintenance visits.
2. Provide technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary.
3. Accurately document field service activities, including installation report and service work report, and timely submit through the required system.
4. Ensuring customer satisfaction in all aspects of services provided.
5. Follow up on DOA and Hot Account sites to ensure customer issues are accurately and timely communicated to the required party, solution developed and eventually solved.
6. Implement key account strategies for high profile customers and maintain good relationship with industry opinion leaders.
7. Share experience and best practice of product services and applications with colleagues. Contribute to knowledge base to allow continued improvement of work efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Field Sales Engineers
9. Actively participate PPI projects to improve work quality and effectiveness.
10. Submit weekly Expense reports on a timely basis.
1. Master’s degree or above in analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical，biochemistry，instrument analysis, proteomics or equivalent required.
2. Fluency with personal computers is also required.
3. Have ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
4. The ability to work independently, have effective communication skills, interpersonal and listening skills.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills with both English and Chinese (Mandarin).
Job Title: Service Marketing Product Manager, Trainee
Business: China Service
Division: Service Marketing
Work Location: Shanghai / Beijing, China
Reports to: Service Marketing Development Manager
The Service Marketing Product Manager supports China service activities and is responsible for all service marketing requirements. This position requires a person skilled in the marketing development /modifying and support of service business improvement.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Carry out service product design, pricing and marketing developing strategy.
- Market analysis: competitors service products, price comparison, marketing strategies. Support service activities to improve service revenue
- Submit annual service marketing promotion strategy and action plans of responsible products; implement with service team the scheduled service marketing actions; make service products catalogs; monitor design of interrelated exhibitions and advertisements of responsible service products;
- Response for each division service marketing requirement: promotion, brochure, road show, pricing, service contract.
- Responsible service web site design and communicate with internal team to update content to be best support customer requirement.
- Focus on key customers, training, promotions, annual contract renew.
- Carry out other task directed by service manager / service director.
Implementation of divisional product marketing activities
- Be the driving force to at all times have a highly competitive product portfolio.
- Continually research/monitor customer demand, competition and market trends.
- Establish and drive marketing plan for specified products, including product positioning, pricing and promotion plans.
- To support Management team for key account management.
- To keep contact with relevant product companies and divisional teams and keep good communication between inside and outside customers.
- To fully understand and command the various areas of application for the products with a view of being a valued partner to our customers and channels.
- Continually coordinate and drive the capacity requirements.
Coordination with Sales Force
- Implementation of marketing plan to improve sales efficiency and results.
- Providing intensive training of product and application knowledge to sales team and dealers for responsible products.
- To support sales team, dealers and customers in the respect of enquiries and help to resolve problems.
- To prepare all materials such as sales brochures, leaflets, presentation, etc, and where relevant in cooperation.
- To support sales representatives to complete bidding documents and clarifications for tenders.
- To collect marketing information and product performance information as required.
Educational Qualifications: (Education, Experience and Competencies):
- Bachelor degree: Marketing, Business, Commercial, Engineering related.
- Job experience in product promotion or project management during school time
- Spirit of team work, positive and quick learning, focus on details
- Understand service importance, can work under the pressure
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Positive attitude and customer orientation, motivation and initiative
- Communication ability, open mind and quick to learn
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with business partner.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Figure-sensitive, familiar with tools of various analysis.
- Strong report generation, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, and accuracy in work required.
- Innovative and willing to face challenges.
Job Title: Service Technical Trainer - China
Organization: Thermo Fisher Scientific (China) Co., Ltd
Position Summary: Provide after-sales customer training and application support for LSMS (Ion trap\TSQ\QE\Fusion) product lines to create bigger customer value through better utilization of TFS products. Interface with marketing and commercial team, to highlight the competitive differentiator or to influence customer preference in favor of TFS in the training, eventually become loyal customers.
1. Conduct customer operation training and application support for assigned LSMS (Ion trap\TSQ\QE\Fusion) product line or technologies as required.
2. Conduct customers training and application support for proteomics or biopharma
3. Understands customer’s problems, recommends solutions to meet their needs, and ensures customer satisfaction.
4. Manage daily operation of Training Lab, maintain and keep instruments and lab facility in good condition.
5. Post-sales follow-up to monitor customer satisfaction and fortify customer relationships.
6. Provide technical assistance or training for assigned products or technologies to FSE, sales or support channels (internal or external) to enable channel competence and competitiveness.
7. Compile customer training materials for assigned product line or technologies as required.
8. Define and update training SOP, which should cover customer-oriented training process, basic and in-depth technical points, selling points or other advantages of TFS products,etc.
1. Customer satisfaction and CAS survey,
2. FSE competence, Channel competence improvement.
3. KPI of commercial on related products, Sales revenue, growth rate, market share, etc for LSMS product lines
4. Training order fulfillment and training productivity.
5. Training revenue and service revenue.
6. TFS brand impact and customer preference to related products.
1. Master or above in proteomics or biopharma(Larger molecule).
3. Effective oral and written communication skills with both English and Chinese (Mandarin).
4. Demonstrated effective teamwork player.
5. Self motivated and result oriented.
6. Systematic problem solver.
7. Effective customer interactive experience.
8. Project management experience.
9. Good training skills and presentation skills, TTT certificate is preferred.
10. Open mind and customer-oriented mindset, willing to do continuous improvement to meet customer and business needs.